To own a lot is just a burden. To own very little is a luxury

Re-use, Re-claim, Sustain
Grow things!
.................................................................................

Monday, August 10, 2009

Cute, cute, cute!  Anything small is just adorable.  These are some thumbless mittens I made for a friend of mine who just had her first baby.  Totally easy, pretty quick and the yarn was a dream.  I did this with Koigu yarn, which is a handpainted yarn spun in small quantities.  My master knitter friend, Brooke always supplies me with great patterns.  My next project is something I can wear myself, however I am sick of doing socks, scarves and blankets.  I am looking to do a modern shaped vest with all the wool I got while I was in Italy.  
While I was in Umbria, I found a little knit shop.  Couldn't speak more than 10 words in Italian but managed to sit and speak with the owners on my many visits.  I even had a few conversations with "Mama", someone's mother who just sat in a rocking chair to have company during the day.  It always amazes me how language is not necessarily a barrier when people have the same interests.  Of course animated body language is a huge plus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment