To own a lot is just a burden. To own very little is a luxury

Re-use, Re-claim, Sustain
Grow things!
.................................................................................

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Nowe Buty - that's Polish for new shoes!

This is something I always wanted to do. You know when you see shoes that are funky but really, they just look like someone glued cute stuff all over them. To top it off, they can sell for up to $300. That's when I say, "I can do that". Finally, I had a pair of shoes that I loved so much because they were comfortable and made my leg look great.
I could walk 30 blocks in these! But look at them, they got so scuffed and battered. Of course these were too good to let go, so.....I glued some cute stuff on them.

I covered the heels in black leather, the body in a khaki twill cotton and edged it all with a metallic blue leather I recovered from a vintage leather coat. As a matter of face ALL materials were re-claimed from something else.
The toggle buttons happened to match the body color and was a perfect way to top them off.

No comments:

Post a Comment