To own a lot is just a burden. To own very little is a luxury

Re-use, Re-claim, Sustain
Grow things!
.................................................................................

Friday, March 13, 2009

Giving a Gift of Love

I wanted to make this shirt as a birthday present.  I saw this technique on Alabama Chanin's site (which I love, check it out www.alabamachanin.com) and figured I would try it.  I got a shirt at Old Navy for around $3.00, input the phrase on the computer, picked a font I liked and printed multiple copies until I found the size I wanted.  You can see below how I cut out the individual letters and placed them on the shirt.  I put a little piece of double sided tape to keep it secure, then carefully and patiently outlined each one in a soft leaded pencil.  



I wanted to outline the letters instead of pinning them to the shirt because it would be easier to move the shirt around when cutting them out.   Here is the shirt with the letters cut out with the other piece of jersey behind it to showcase the letters.  Now I just have to stitch around the letters to secure the jersey in place.  Once I am done I will post the final piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment